What information do we collect and how do we use it?
We take the utmost care to ensure that the personal information we obtain from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or not agreeable to. You may wish to make a donation, or subscribe to our e-mail or postal mail lists. In response, we may ask for information such as your name and postal address. In the event you opt to provide us with this information, we will only use it for the purpose specified. Information collected on the Site may be used to:
- Send marketing communications or surveys to you
- Respond to your questions or suggestions
- Improve the quality of your visit to our site
You can opt-out of any of these by emailing us directly.
We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party partners or sponsors, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes.
If you decide to make an online donation at the Site, you will be sent to a third party site which will manage the financial transaction. All information sent to this site, if in an SSL session, is encrypted, protecting against disclosure to third parties.
Protecting your information
We would like our Site visitors to feel confident whilst using our site and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. Our Site is hosted in a secure environment. The Site servers/systems are configured with data encryption, or scrambling, technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you enter personal information during the donation process, or during a customer email sign-up, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
Links Provided to Other Sites
Good Shepherd Cork provides links to a number of other web sites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies that we do. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
When you visit Good Shepherd Cork’s website, some browsing-related information on your device (computer, Smartphone, tablet etc.) is likely to be recorded in files called “cookies” and stored on your device.
- What are the different types of cookies?There are several categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies:these cookies are essential in order to browse some websites and use all of their features (the user’s operating system support, display etc.). Without these cookies, features such as the display will not have optimum functionality. Note: these cookies collect purely technical data and do not identify you personally.
- Performance cookies:these cookies help us improve a user’s experience by helping us understand how they use our websites (most frequently visited pages, applications used etc.). These cookies do not identify you individually.
- Functionality cookies:in order to make browsing easier, these cookies store certain user preferences (language, username, country etc.).
- Targeting/advertising cookies:these cookies enable a user to receive targeted advertisements based on their interests, but they also limit the number of times that the advertisements appear.
- Cookies from social networks:these third-party Cookies let you communicate the content of our site to others, as well as your opinion in relation to our site. This is the case with the “Share” and “Like” buttons on “Facebook,” “Twitter,” “LinkedIn,” “Video,” etc.
Social networks which offer these application buttons can identify you by these buttons, even if you did not click on one of them when you visited our site. Indeed, some Cookies allow the social network concerned to follow your navigation on our site whenever your social network account is activated on your device when at the same time, you are on our site. We have no control over the procedures social networks use to collect information about your navigation on our site. Please read these social networks privacy policies regarding personal data. These should allow you to exercise certain privacy options with these social networks, in particular by adjusting your user accounts for each of these networks.
- adapt the layout of our websites to suit your device’s display preferences (language, display resolution, operating system used etc.)
- store some of the information that you fill in on our online forms to help us personalize your subsequent visits to our websites
- collect statistics. These relate mainly to the number of times you visit our websites and your use of the different services that we provide (sections and content viewed, links), with the aim of improving their relevance and usability
- put security measures in place (for example asking you to reconnect to a page or service after a certain amount of time has elapsed)
- offer you, through advertisements, personalized content that is likely to be of interest to you.
Important: Advertisements or links to third-party websites may be included on our websites. Your personal details may be collected by third parties when you click on these links. This Charter does not cover visits to third-party websites. Good Shepherd Cork cannot be held responsible for the policy of third-parties regarding personal details and the use thereof.
If you discover that we hold inaccurate information about you, you can request us to correct that information at any time. You can request that your data be amended or removed by contacting us at
Good Shepherd Cork
Bruac, Redemption Road, Cork, Ireland
Telephone: 021 4391188
You have rights over your personal data, and you are in control of how your information is used. These rights are not absolute, and some qualifications and restrictions do apply.
In summary your rights are: The Right to withdraw consent; Right of access; Right to rectification; Right to be forgotten / erasure; Right to restrict processing; Right to object; Right to refuse automated decision making and/or profiling; Right to portability. You also have the right to seek compensation through the courts in the event that your data privacy rights have been infringed.
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with us or with the Data Protection Commissioners Office.
Contact Details for the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
Address: Data Protection Commissioner, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2 D02 RD28
Telephone: 057 8684 800 / 076 1104 800 / Lo Call 1890 252 231